Follow Us & be part of our Family
Concentrated passion fruit juice smoothie
Passion fruit is one of the most intense tasting tropical fruits in the world. Next to that, the passion fruit is a super healthy fruit! It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and other compounds that benefit your health. In this blog we will explain how you can make a delicious concentrated passion fruit juice smoothie. It doesn’t take much time to make a delicious healthy smoothie, and you hardly need any equipment. Let’s dive straight into it!
Passion fruit juice
Passion fruit is often used to make delicious smoothies. When you create a smoothie for yourself or for others, you can use several passion fruits. Did you know that you probably consume more vitamins and minerals because you use more fruit in a smoothie than if you just had 1? Super handy! Passion fruit juice actually says it all, but is a beverage that is made from the seeds or pulp of the passion flower plant.
Which passion fruit should I choose?
The tropical fruit contains several variants. There is a purple passion fruit, maybe the most popular one, the sweet grandilla and the giant grandilla. You can order yellow passion fruit (passiflora edulis) at our website. The difference in the passion fruits mainly lies in the taste, so you should pick a passion fruit sort you prefer. Yellow passion fruit is prone to be more sour than a ‘purple’ passion fruit.
Did you know that by consuming a smoothie you often consume more minerals and vitamins? This is because you are consuming the juice of more than 1 fruit.
Making the smoothie
Once you have made the choice about which type of passion fruit you will use, it is time to make the smoothie. Making a passion fruit concentrate juice out of the fruit is extremely healthy and easy to do! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make a concentrated passion fruit juice smoothie:
- Step 1: Clean the passion fruit. Your passionfruit can be dirty, so make sure you clean it Also, make sure that your picked passion fruit is ripe! Have a look at the skin of the passion fruit to make sure it is ripe. A smooth skin will indicate that the passion fruit is not ripe yet.
- Step 2: Cutting the fruit. Pick a sharp knife and cut the passion fruit in half. You should have 2 halves after cutting it!
- Step 3: Scoop out the flesh. After cutting the passion fruit it is time to scoop out the flesh and add it to your blender
- Step 4: Add ice. Before you blend the flesh inside the blender, add ice cubes or shaven ice to create frozen passion fruit juice.
- Step 5: Add other fruits of your choice. To finish the smoothie, you should add ingredients of your own preference. We suggest mint and mango, it’s really good! Congrats! You’ve created a delicious passion fruit frozen juice smoothie!
You can easily keep the smoothie in the fridge for a while and consume it later. Of course, you can also drink it right away. Fast, healthy and delicious!
Are you ready to create your own delicious passion fruit frozen juice smoothie? This recipe contains concentrated passion fruit juice and is super healthy. You can decide for yourself, however, how you want to create the smoothie! Let us know if you will try this recipe!