Follow Us & be part of our Family
We, from team Seeds del Mundo, love breakfast bowls to kickstart our day with some healthy fresh foods and fruits. A breakfast bowl with dragon fruit is very delicious, easy and quick to make and also quite healthy for your body. That’s why we decided to make for you guys a pink pitaya bowl recipe. Already getting curious? Read further!
Making a pitaya bowl? Check out this recipe!
Are you always eating the same foods in the morning or do you not know what to eat anymore in the morning? No worries! We also had that feeling, which is why we started looking for a solution. We have the perfect option for you to get some variety in your diet. It’s time to change it with our delicious pink pitaya bowl recipe. Check out the ingredients you need down below. Are you ready?
Pitaya bowl ingredients and materials:
- 1 whole fresh red or pink dragon fruit in pieces.
- ½ banana in pieces
- Other tropical fruits like strawberries, mango, papaya, etc.
- 200 ml milk, almond/soya milk or yogurt.
- 30-40 grams granola or muesli.
- High speed blender of at least 500 Watt.
Note: If you want a pink pitaya bowl, make sure you have a red/pink dragon fruit or it won’t get that pink color. Remove the most of the leathery skin, but leave a thin layer of pink for the color. Are you using the dragon fruit with white flesh then you won’t get that pink color, but the flavour is equally tasty!
Tip! You can also use freeze dried dragon fruit pieces and other frozen fruits. This way you’ll have immediately a cold dragon fruit bowl!
Pitaya bowl preparation (2 ways):
You can prepare your dragon fruit bowl two ways, namely:
- Method 1: Dragon fruit bowl with yogurt
- Method 2: Dragon fruit bowl with a milk drink
The first and easiest way is to get a bowl and put the yogurt in it. Then you cut the dragon fruit and other tropical fruits in pieces and put them in the yogurt with the granola and muesli if preferred. You don’t need a blender with the first method. The second way is as followed:
- Cut the dragon fruit and other fruits in pieces, unless you have frozen pieces.
- Put the fruit in the blender with the (soja/almond) milk. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Put the blend in the bowl with the granola or muesli and finally sprinkle with toppings of your choice. For example coconut, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Your dragon fruit smoothie bowl is ready to be eaten!
When to consume a pink pitaya bowl?
Who mashes the dragon fruit will be rewarded with beautiful pink fruit puree. A pitaya bowl is a great way to start your day, but you can eat it also in the afternoon or evening if you want to. The choice is all yours of when and how you want to eat it. Follow our guidelines to make a delicious and healthy dragon fruit bowl. Have you tried our recipe and do you maybe have any tips for us? Let us know!
Where can I buy dragon fruit?
Dragon fruit is a very rare tropical fruit, so you might find it hard to buy dragon fruit somewhere. Well luckily we sell some amazing dragon fruit cuttings to grow your own dragon fruit! Do you prefer a yellow, red or other colour dragon fruit? Click here to check out our webshop for all different kinds of cuttings we sell!